Google for Startups Accelerator: Southeast Asia is a 3-month virtual accelerator program for seed to series A tech startups with a high potential. The applications are open now and the deadline is 19 July 2020.
The Accelerator Program accepts applications from startups headquartered in the following countries- Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam.
The focus will be on startups that are solving various challenges prevalent in their regions. They are not just looking for great ideas. They are looking for a robust strategy for turning that idea into a thriving business.
Google has some of the best resources in the business world – people, network, technologies and much more. The accelerator will assist startups to solve the technical challenges faced by them. In the program, the selected founders state the top challenges facing their startups. They are then paired with the pertinent experts from Google to solve those challenges.
The benefits of the accelerator program are-
- Equity-free support
- Exclusive invitations to technical bootcamps hosted by Google
- Up to US$ 100,000 in Google Cloud Platform and Firebase credits
- Personalized mentorship and technical support from Google and industry experts
- The opportunity to provide feedback to Google product teams
This year Google is looking for –
- Startups with a technology-based product.
- Startups with some level of market traction with their product/service, are past the “idea stage” with initial customer validation.
- Startups that can large market opportunity for greater impact.
- Startups that are solving for the challenges faced by society in various areas like healthcare, education, finance or logistics
- Startups with solutions in light of social distancing; using AI/ML or data analysis in meaningful ways.
- The startup’s founding team and/or key team members should be able to demonstrate that they have the technical skills, business skills, and mindset to grow and scale a company in the region.
Some important dates– The virtual accelerator program will start from Aug 11 to Nov 12, 2020. Bootcamp week will take place from Sep 7 to Sep 10, 2020. Graduation week will take place from Nov 9 to Nov 12, 2020.